If the Airshows Downunder Shellharbour flying displays inspire you to take to the sky, Touchdown Helicopters will have joy flights available throughout the Airshow weekend to take you over the airfield and onto the coast. Step outside the box for a unique Airshow experience that will give you:
- The chance to take-off and land from within the event zone
- A birds-eye view of crowds and aircraft from 1000ft
- Spectacular panoramic views of the Illawarra from the mountains to the coast – get your camera ready!
What you can expect To See
The Wollongong area is lucky enough to have some of the most beautiful, suntanned beaches in Australia. See kilometres of golden, sandy beaches from your seat:
- The South – Minnamurra Beach, Kiama Lighthouse and Seven Mile Beach in the distance.
- Killelea State Park – crystal-clear waters of the Pacific Ocean curl up as they arrive at the local surfing Mecca of Farm beach.
- Shell Cove – the ocean has been brought inland to lap at the moorings of residents houses within the newly developed marina
- The North – Windang Island at the lake entrance, Hill 60, Wollongong Lighthouse and the distant coastline of Bald Hill and the Royal National Park.
- On your journey back to event site – the views change from ocean and sand to the awesome expanse of Lake Illawarra and then the mountains and valleys of the Illawarra Escarpment.
Duration: 8 minutes
Cost: $95 per person (*seat price, no family or group discounts)
Please note: Touchdown Helicopters do not take pre-bookings for joyflights. Please present yourself to the check-in desk at the event.