Why drive or take the train when you can fly-in to Airshows Downunder Shellharbour 2024! Complete the following steps to ensure a seamless fly-in experience to the event.
1. Purchase your Airshows Downunder Shellharbour Tickets
- Airshows Downunder Shellharbour tickets cannot be purchased at the pilot entry gate and must be pre-purchased online prior to arriving.
- Please ensure all pilots and passengers have purchased their tickets online before flying into the event.
- A shuttle bus will be in operation to ferry fly-in pilots and passengers to the event area and return to their aircraft at the conclusion of the air displays. The shuttle point will be clearly marked.
2. Read the Pilot Information
- Please download the Detailed Visiting Pilot Information and Instructions and read carefully.
- Plan to arrive between the hours of 0700 and 0930. YSHL will be closed from 1000 for aircraft displays on Saturday 2 & Sunday 3 March.
- If you plan to arrive on the afternoon of Friday 1 March, note YSHL will be closed intermittently between 1230 and 1630 for display practice.
- The airshow will finish late on Sunday 3 March (approx 1600) and a Temporary Restricted Area will be in force from 1000 to 1630 (this will be lifted as soon as the display concludes). Pilots may like to consider staying overnight and departing the following morning.
- Skydive Australia, Bigwave Skydive and Link Airways will be operating from the northern apron area (east of the fuel bowser) throughout the show and as such the apron will be closed to general traffic.
Fly-in Parking Location
The Fly-In aircraft parking area is located on the western end of RWY 08/26 which is in the display box and must be vacated by 1000 daily.
While the Temporary Restricted Area (TRA) is in place there will be no access to the aircraft parking area. Pilots will not be able to access their aircraft from 1000 until the completion of the air displays (approximately 1600).
3. Register your visitor aircraft
- All visiting aircraft flying into Airshows Downunder Shellharbour must register before arrival.
- By registering your aircraft it allows us to ensure sufficient parking space is available.
- Airshows Downunder Shellharbour aircraft registration will close at 1700hrs on Wednesday 28 February 2024.