We want to make sure you have the best possible time at Airshows Downunder Shellharbour 2024 and our most often asked question is ‘What To Bring?’|
The airshow site is exposed to the elements, so be sure to pack for the forecasted weather and stay comfortable throughout the day.
- General Admission ticket holders are encouraged to bring folding chairs and/or a picnic blanket.
Food and Drink
- There will be a number of food trucks and stalls on the event site to purchase refreshments throughout the airshow. You are permitted to bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks to the event.
- Wear comfortable shoes. The site can be uneven in parts and with so much on display, be prepared to walk a lot!
- Bring the kids! The sky will be full of loud and exciting aircraft and many parked on the ground too. With military equipment and technology on display, vintage vehicles and free carnival rides, the whole family is sure to have a terrific time.
Sunscreen, sunglasses and protective clothing
- March is a beautiful time of year, but the sun can get hot so be sure to pack sunscreen, sunglasses, long sleeves and a hat. A hand-held umbrella can help keep you in the shade.
- Hand held umbrellas are permitted onsite to protect you from the elements. However, large beach umbrellas, cabanas and shade tents are not allowed due to the possibility of strong winds and for patron visibility.
Beach and carry carts
- The perfect way to carry your gear around the site. Remember you will have to take the cart through security on arrival and you cannot leave your items unattended.
- The flying displays can be LOUD. Protect ears young and old by bringing ear plugs or ear muffs with you. The merchandise stalls will have limited stock so be sure to bring your own so you don’t miss out.
- Wheelchair or motorised devices for accessibility are welcome at the event. Bring your own as there won’t be an option to hire them at the event. Personal bikes, scooters, golf carts and skateboards both traditional and motorised are not permitted on the event site.
- For those wishing to avoid traffic and parking hassles, we highly recommend parking at a train station on the South Coast Line and catching the train to the airshow. The Albion Park Station entrance is less than 100 metres from the airshow entry gate.
Unfortunately there are some items that are not permitted on the airshow site, for a full list, refer to the event Terms and Conditions.